Touchstone provides commercial electrical facility engineering design, from conceptual consulting through detail design and City plan check approval. We provide design-only services for design/bid/build projects and design/build services, where we also perform construction and commissioning.
Touchstone’s design market focus includes the following:
- LStadiums, hospitality & restaurants
- LEntertainment, studios & theme parks
- LData centers & other critical facilities
- LCommercial interiors
- LHigher education & laboratories
Touchstone’s design expertise includes the following:
- LElectrical power, lighting & controls
- LSite utilities & underground electrical service
- LBackup power, reliability, UPS & generators, micro-grids, fuel cells
- LRenewable energy, solar power, energy storage & EV charging
- LData center support systems including cooling and fire protection
Touchstone regularly leads onsite commissioning of our own designs and installations as well as designs and installations by others. This intensive field experience, learning first-hand what works and what doesn’t work, is invaluable toward our design work, helping us continuously improve the functionality, constructability and efficiency of our designs. Many design engineers rarely get out of the office, and when they eventually find themselves as part of a quick construction punch walk, they don’t get very deep and sometimes don’t even understand what they’re looking at, much less how well it will perform and most importantly, if it meets the owners requirements.